In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Our course will celebrate the peaks and foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. The course is hilly, both up and down. The race will begin at Highland Brewing Co. in Asheville, NC and travel through Hendersonville, NC and Travelers Rest, SC, with stops at Southern Appalachian Brewery and Swamp Rabbit Brewery. Over the course of the day, there are 11 transitions, where one of your teammates will end their run and another will begin. Teams will finish at Hampton Station with a celebration featuring a variety of local brewers, music, and food trucks. Get course routes and use our trusty guidebook to help you navigate the day. Please remember that this is an open roads course, so additional safety precautions for each team will be required.
Two Reflective Vests | Two Headlamps | Two Blinking LED Lights
The below legs are for our 2021 event.
Leg #1 - Highland Brewing Company to AC Reynolds Middle School - 6.13 Miles - Rating = Hard
Leg #2 - AC Reynolds Middle School to Skyland Fire Department - 6.00 Miles - Rating = Hard
Leg #3 - Skyland Fire Department to Fletcher Elementary School - 7.12 Miles - Rating = Moderate
**The Pep Rally - Driving from Fletcher Elementary School to Berkeley Ball Park - 5.5 Miles - Due to extended construction and the temporary closure of Clear Creek Rd at the I-26 overpass, we have added a new element to the 2021 event. Teams will travel in their vehicles from the end of Leg 3 to the location of the new Leg #4 starting location at near Berkeley Ball Park. The total drive time is around 10 minutes.
Leg #4 - Carter Street, Hendersonville, NC to Southern Appalachian Brewery - 6.05 Miles - Rating = Moderate
Leg #5 - Southern Appalachian Brewery to Hillandale Elementary School - 5.28 Miles - Rating = Moderate
Leg #6 - Hillandale Elementary School to Tuxedo Park - 4.55 Miles - Rating = Moderate
Leg #7 - Tuxedo Park to Talisman Programs - 3.53 Miles - Rating = Moderate
Leg #8 - Talisman Programs to Dover Farm - 6.28 Miles - Rating = Moderate
Leg #9 - Dover Farm to Poseidon Advanced Materials - 9.69 Miles - Rating = Hard
Leg #10 - Poseidon Advanced Materials to Swamp Rabbit Brewery - 6.67 Miles - Rating = Moderate
Leg #11 - Swamp Rabbit Brewery to Enoree Career Center - 4.44 Miles - Rating = Easy
Leg #12 - Enoree Career Center to Hampton Station - 4.28 Miles - Rating = Easy
Full Course - 71.52 Miles
Course Leg Ratings and Rankings - Available Fall 2021
Runner Directions - Printable - Available Early 2022
Pace Calculator - Available Early 2022 - Click "Make a copy" to help calculate your team's pace
Timing Adjustment Form - Use to report any on-course delays during the relay.
Driving Directions - With Google Maps - Available Early 2022
Driving Directions - Printable - Available Early 2022
Pre-Event Guidebook - Available Fall 2021
If you have a smartphone with GPS capabilities, you can use the plotaroute app to help follow a route from plotaroute.com.
1. Select the route you want to follow and view the interactive route map.
2. Tap on the Tracker icon in the bottom right to enter SatNav mode.
3. Follow the route using the tracker marker as a guide. The app will automatically detect your position on the route from your current location and heading. The next turn will be shown at the top of the screen, along with the distance to the turn. Tapping the Distance To Turn will toggle it to show time instead of distance.
4. To display the route's hill profile tap on the Hills button. Your hill position will be indicated by a blue dot.
5. You can zoom in and out by tapping on the + and - buttons on the map.
6. There are 3 data fields at the bottom of the screen:
7. To access the SatNav settings, tap the gear icon in the top right.
8. The following Navigation settings are available.
VOICE NAVIGATION (Premium feature)
9. To exit SatNav mode tap the X in the bottom right corner.